The Honda iDream Student Challenge is sponsored by Honda R&D Americas, Inc., which will be referred to herein as “Honda.”
- Eligibility: The iDream Student Challenge is open to science and engineering undergraduate students at The Ohio State University, University of Toledo, University of Cincinnati, Case Western Reserve, and University of Akron.
- Design Team Criteria: Each design team will have a minimum of two and a maximum of four active participants. Each design team member (“Entrant”) must be eligible (see 1) and agree to the program rules.
- Mentor: Each design team must secure a faculty mentor for its project and include the name of that mentor in the application.
- Number of Submissions: Each design team may submit only one entry and each entrant may participate on only one design team.
- 2011 Contest Timing: The iDream Student challenge will open for registration on October 15, 2010 and close November 19, 2010. Final reports must be received by April 18, 2011 (for semester schools: University of Toledo, University of Akron, Case Western Reserve), or May 16, 2011 (for quarter schools: The Ohio State University and University of Cincinnati). Only teams registered by Novermber 19, 2010 deadline are eligible to submit final reports. Winners will be announced at the iDream Student Challenge Symposium, held at Honda R&D Americas in Raymond, Ohio on June 13, 2011.
- Information Required for the final report: All Project reports must be submitted on Honda by completing and submitting:
- The on-line registration - due by November 19, 2010
- Reports as specified - due April 18, 2011 (University of Toledo, University of Akron, Case Western Reserve), May 16, 2011 (The Ohio State University and University of Cincinnati).
- Written report in Adobe® (PDF)
- Slide show presentation in Adobe® (PDF) or PowerPoint format
- Video (optional) in DVD format
- Fees: There is no entry fee.
- Originality of Ideas: All Entrants warrant and represent that all design ideas and applications submitted are entirely original and that Entrant is the owner of all interests in and rights to such designs. By submitting an entry to this contest, all Entrants represent that, other than the academic mentor, there is no third party involvement of any kind, whether an academic institution, commercial company, individual, or governmental legal entity which has any proprietary or other interest in, claims or rights to, any intellectual property rights, including trade secret, “know-how,” copyright, patent, trademark or trade name, in any design ideas submitted under the contest. This representation is a requirement of participation in the contest.
- Confidentiality: During the course of this academic project with Honda, or as may be required by law or court order or similar process, the undersigned shall not at any time during or after the term of the project, directly or indirectly, disclose or use any confidential information or proprietary data with respect to Honda that is not otherwise in the public domain, including, but not limited to, confidential information and proprietary data consisting of or contained in or otherwise relating to: confidential personnel information relating to Honda associates (employees); and data concerning methods, forms and contracts used by Honda or its associates.
- Licensing: The undersigned student hereby grants Honda a non-exclusive, non-commercial, royalty-free license to use, make, have made, and copy works created during the program (collectively, the “Works”), including without limitation any and all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or rights of reproduction, and to reproduce, copy, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform, exhibit, distribute, transmit or broadcast, publicly or otherwise, or otherwise use and permit to be used the Works or any part thereof, whether alone or in combination with other materials (including but not limited to text, data, images, photographs, illustrations, and graphics, video or audio segments of any nature), in any media or embodiment now known or hereafter developed (including but not limited to any format of any computer-based, Internet-based, electronic, magnetic, digital, laser or optical-based media), in connection with its business and any advertising, promotion, publicity, trade, sweepstakes or contest promotions, activities, or materials.
- Promotion: As part of the program, the entrant consents to any recording of oneself on videotape, film, audiotape, paper, digital medium, or otherwise, by Honda, its agents, contractors, or employees. The entrant authorizes the use of such recordings for any proper and legitimate educational or commercial purpose by Honda, either on or off campus. The entrant agrees to use of name, likeness and biography for the purpose of promoting the program or Honda.
- Reimbursement: Entrants will not be reimbursed for any costs incurred or for efforts expended in connection with their participation in the contest. Such costs are the responsibility of the Entrants. Honda will incur lodging costs on a case-by-case basis, associated with housing the finalists at the 2010 Symposium.
- Prizes: Prizes will be awarded for each separate category, as well as the on-line vote, and each winning team will receive a $4000 prize. Second and third place winning teams will received $2000 and $100 prizes respectively, and all participants will receive a letter of commendation from Honda.
- Prize Distribution Timing: Funds will be distributed in July 2011 and mailed to each winner's permanent address (as each entrant has specified on the web site.) Each team member will recieve a separate and equal portion of the total prize amount. (Ex: First place winner of materials category (prize= $4000) with two total members - each team member will receive a separate check for $2000).
- The undersigned shall hold Honda harmless from all claims, actions, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, and expenses of any nature, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, arising out of the undersigned’s undertakings pursuant to this Agreement, including but not limited to immigration law violations and injuries to Honda property or the property of others and injuries or death to persons.
- Eligibility Exclusions: Employees and agents of the Sponsor and such individual’s immediate family (including spouse, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, step-children, step-parents and in-laws) and member of the same household are prohibited from entering this contest.
- Judging: A panel of judges, at least one of which will be an independent judge not related to the Entrants, the Participating University or Sponsor, will review each design and rate each entry on the following criteria: (i) originality of design, (ii) description, (iii) anaylsis, (iv) persuasion , (v) presentation and, to a lesser weight, (vi) verification of eligibility and compliance with all contest rules, the designs with the highest total design score will be awarded the prize.
- No entries will be returned to Entrants, regardless of whether they are accepted. All entries and design submissions become the property of the Sponsor.
- Winners will be determined and announced at the iDream Student Challenge Symposium, held at Honda R&D Americas in Raymond, Ohio on June 13, 2011.
Honda R&D Americas, Inc
21001 SR 739
Raymond, Ohio 43069